Information for GPs and other health professionals
We expect patients to self- refer and opt in to the service using the online referral form.
If your patient is unable to do this because of, for example, their language or disability, please complete our professionals referral form.
Please indicate clearly that the patient is unable to opt in themselves and we will make the appropriate arrangements to contact them.
You can also use the form to advise us of any additional information – like risk or mental health history – that might be useful.
To discuss a referral
Part of our role is to assess patients’ suitability for our service and we may direct the referral elsewhere before assessment. Please make sure your patient is aware of this. You can find our inclusion and exclusion criteria here: Croydon Talking Therapies Inclusion/Exclusion criteria.
Please contact us to discuss referrals if:
- You are a GP and want to ask any questions about a referral
- You are a non-GP professional working with a patient
- You are unsure about what our service offers and whether we are able to support a patient
You would like some general advice about services in the area
We will do our best to indicate whether we are likely to be able to offer any therapy within our team. If not, we will aim to provide you with some recommendations of alternative NHS services or community resources which may be more suited to the needs of your patient. We will aim to get back to you within 5 working days, our working hours are weekdays between 9-5 only.
Please mention specifically if your patient has a history of or is currently experiencing any of the following:
- History of psychosis
- Diagnosis of Bipolar 1 or 2
- Diagnosis of a personality disorder
- Diagnosis of an eating disorder
- History of drug or alcohol dependency
- Has been seen by a specialist mental health service within the last 12 months
- Has been seen by Croydon Integrated Psychological Therapy Service (CIPTS) within the last 12 months
- Seeking specific treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder or
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Has no access to public funds
To discuss a referral with us please contact us on 020 3228 4040 and ask to speak to a member of the screening team. If they are busy dealing with another enquiry we will take a number for you and call you back as soon as possible.
If, following discussion, we think we can support the patient in question, you will be asked to complete the referral form. You can complete it online or send it via email.